Did you know that fully 85% of your happiness in life will come from your personal relationships. Your interaction and the time you spend with people you care about will the major source of the pleasure, enjoyment and satisfaction that you derive daily. The other 15% of your happiness will come from your accomplishments. Tonight before you go to bed ask yourself this, “what am i thankful for today” ? Well I’ll let you ponder on that one.
Perhaps the simplest way to make another person feel good about himself or herself is your continuous expressions of appreciation for everything that person does for you, large or small. Say “thank you” on every occasion. Thank your spouse for everything that he or she does for you. Thank your children for their cooperation and support in everything that they do around the house. Thank your friends for the smallest of kindnesses.
The more you thank other people for doing things for you, the more things those other people will want to do. Every time you thank another person, you cause that person to like themselves better. You raise their self-esteem and improve their self-image. You cause them to feel more important. You make them feel that what they did was valuable and worthwhile. You empower them.
And the wonderful thing about thanking other people is that, every time you say the words, “thank you” you like yourself better as well. You feel better inside. You feel happier and more content with yourself and life. You feel more fully integrated and positive about what you are doing. When you develop an attitude of gratitude that flows forth from you in all of your interactions with others, you will be amazed at how popular you will become and how eager others will be to help you in whatever you are doing.